WELCOME TO MY FIRST BEAUTY BRAND REVIEW!
Since entering my forties, I’ve been extra cautious about my skin. I would go mad trying to find the right skin care regimen from the beauty counters to drug store products. Obsessively putting a ton of SPF, serum, eye cream, sheet masks and the list goes on. You can probably sell me anything that was “anti-aging”, and I would buy it. Just because I was either desperate or gullible.
So, I’ve created a BEAUTY category on my blog to review products that are tried and true. To share with you what my experience is like dealing with aging skin, in hopes you may find something that works for you. Unlike fashion, I am not an expert in beauty what-so-ever. Just a forty something, keeping it fresh while maintaining what’s left of my “youth”.
SARANGHAE, MEANS I LOVE YOU
When I stumbled upon Saranghae, a Korean beauty skin care company, whilst I was trolling on Facebook. I found them (or they found me). I was impressed by their skin care line and was curious, so I did some deep research.
After reading their reviews, I saw many women who love their line of products. Probably because they guaranteed “to heal, regenerate and protect your skin”. Sounds promising and a bit too good to be true. So I wanted to see for myself.
Then, I found out they had an ambassador program. I had reached out and applied for their most popular Saranghae Complete 5-Step Routine, in trade for a honest review. As promised, I wanted to give my true feedback, so I followed the 45+ day program rigorously. In the 5-step routine, I received:
- Nourishing & Moisturizing Oil + Foam Cleanser
- Deep Radiance Essence + Serum
- Firm & Lift Cellular Regeneration Cream
- Focus Renewal Eye Cream
- Elemental Essence Mask
- Perfect Balance Toner
I was comfortable with the amount of steps, since I already practice it with other products, as my nightly skin regimen. However, later I found out the routine was for both day and night, which I thought was excessive.
My usual morning routine consists of splashing water on my face, trying not to wash out the natural oils from my normal-to-dry skin. (I have no idea where that came from and probably just made it up, base on pure laziness. Or just didn’t have time as I’m usually rushing out the door.) Again, to give my honest feedback, I have to stick with the plan. So I would complete the 5-step in the morning, as well at night. As a creature of habit, it took some time to get used to, but I got the hang of it after a week.
WHAT I LOVE?
- The most immediate results I noticed (my husband did too) was the healthy nourishing glow right after the first few days. My skin was supple and dewy, like I was reborn again.
- The scent was incredible and easy on the nose. I’m not a big fan when it comes to overpowering fragrances in skincare, as it tells me the brand is trying to overcompensate for their lack of quality. That’s my theory!
- I have had a case of eczema since my teenage years. By some miracle, the dry patches on my forehead were gone after a week. It could be the Sang Hwang Mushroom, a medicinal plant, used as the primary active ingredient in their products.
- With the foam cleanser, made of truffle extract and gold, I was able to remove my make up while washing my face. I used to remove my make up separately with an oily drug store make up remover. This saved time and immediately hydrates my skin.
- The best part Saranghae is all their products are vegan, cruelty free, paraben free, phthalate free and sulfate free. Most importantly they are socially responsible to their resources and employees.
WHAT SORT OF WORKED?
- Didn’t see a huge difference in reducing age spots. Although I’ve noticed some improvement on hyper- pigmentation.
- I still had adult breakouts on my skin. Not terrible but a pimple here and there. Their product didn’t guarantee anything about that, but I wish it helped though.
- The one change I would make to the 5-step routine, is to make it a 6-step by including an exfoliator, to remove dead skin. This could’ve helped my pimple out breaks.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT?
YES! For all the positive results, I would recommend and continue using Saranghae’s 5-step routine. I haven’t found yet, another skin regimen that has nearly as much good response. They have excellent customer service and will create a personalized routine with one of their onsite specialists.
Listen, I hate to break it to you. Looking forever young is never going to happen. Perhaps you could be lucky enough to find the fountain of youth or blessed with forever baby skin. But you know what, you can prolong it by taking good care of it. And it starts with a skincare routine.
For me, there are still more improvements to be made like changing my diet, drink more water and workout often. I’m not perfect, and you’re not either (sorry not sorry). Just do your best and hope this review helps you find your next skin regimen.