They say anyone can be a father, but takes someone special to be a DAD. I am lucky to have three different ones in my life. The man that gave me life, another that treats me like he gave me life and last but not least, the one that helped give life to our daughter.
With these strong men in my life, I am always able to lean on them whenever I need help. They will bend over backwards to do anything to make my day better. Whether it’s getting gas for the car, late night pick ups from the airport or making sure you don’t drown on your first triathlon, these guys don’t ever reap the extra rewards except maybe a pat on the back or “thanks Dad”. Unfortunately it’s usually because they get overshadowed by MOM.
This year why don’t we show them our appreciation by thinking outside the box for a special gift. What do you get that awesome dad for father’s day, you may ask? The person that probably says he has everything and doesn’t need anything. Blah blah blah! Well, lucky for you, I put a list together to make your gift search a little easier.
1. Away Travel The best luggage you can find in the market for the dad that travels often. This luggage is scratch resistance, includes a phone charger and has a built in TSA-approved lock. You can even monogram his initials so there’s no confusion at the baggage claim.
2. Filson Travel Kit Made wth cotton canvas and leather trim detail, helps keep all the grooming and hygiene needs all in one place.
3. Mission Workshop The Sanction Camp Bag This limited edition backpack is great for light travels. The materials used are made with patented waterproof nylon fabric. The bag is designed to hold all your essentials.
4. Cathy’s Concept Monogram Cuff Links Get it with his first initial of his last name so he can wear it proud!
5. Mission Workshop The Bremen Jacket Waterproof packable jacket that’s lightweight and durable. It’s perfect for the Northwest rainy weather or those dreading April showers.
6. UGG Scuff Slipper Made from genuine shearling keeping his feet comfy and cozy. I buy Peter a pair every other Christmas. He can’t live without them!
7. Apple + Nike Watch For the runner dad that loves to stay organize and track his run. Comes in the coolest colors with exclusive Nike watch faces. It’s so cool I want one for myself.
8. Dude Wipes Sometimes good old toilet paper just doesn’t cut it. Best thing yet, these are flushable, biodegradable and fragrance free. Who doesn’t like a clean fresh dad!?
9. Clarisonic Alpha Fit Sonic Cleansing System I got this for Peter last year for Father’s Day and he loves it. Comes in the “alpha” color and deep cleans with soft bristles. What I love most is that it’s rechargeable!
10. Tile For that forgetful dad that misplaces his keys in the house. Yes that DAD! This white square tile works with an app. So if you lose something you can reach it with your phone or vice versa. It’s a lifesaver in our household!
11. Wolf Cub Watch Winder Automatic watches are hard to keep up with when it’s not worn 24/7. Put that Swiss watch in this box to help keep your timepiece precise.
12. DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Drone A remote control thingy that flies up to the sky and films video. Enough said!
Good luck with the shopping.
Happy Father’s Day to all the DADs out there!
A special note to my own DAD:
You’ve always put family first. The selfless person that you are, always try to help anyone in need and never expect anything in return. You are the protector of all of us and quietly hope that we will always need you, because as much as you won’t admit it, you know how important you are to all of us. (I’m sobbing as I’m writing this)
Growing up I never understood why you would compare me with other kids and brag how smart they are. I was always mad at you for saying those things, because I felt I was never good enough. I strive to achieve greater things to impress you and have your approval. After I grew up, I learned you say those things to encourage me to do better. You never complimented me, but mom tells me you brag about me to our family and friends, when I’m not around. This is so I will keep my head down and work hard; to keep reaching for the stars. Thank you for always having my back and teaching me all that I know. You are my father. Best yet you are my DAD!